A few weeks ago, my aunt sent an email forward highlighting the “amazing powers of Blue Dawn.” Also a few weeks ago, a fellow blogger tried the Blue Dawn + Vinegar combination to clean her bathtub. She was happy with the results.
Not being one to jump into things (ok who am I kidding), I sat on this so-called miracle solution until I was sick of looking at my bathtub and ready to give it a try.
I looked online at some other blogs and couldn’t find an exact recipe, so here’s what I did:
- Take 1 Part Vinegar (heated for 30 seconds in microwave in microwave safe bowl) – I used 1 Cup,
- and 1 Part Blue Dawn (not heated) – also used 1 Cup.
- Pour Blue Dawn into Vinegar, mix gently with spoon.
- Pour into spray bottle and spray generously all over the bathtub/tile (or if you don’t have one, you could probably just dip a sponge into the bowl and smear it on that way).
- Use sponge/scrub pad to wipe it around the tub/walls.
- Marvel at your shiny tub!
My tub wasn’t that dirty to begin with, but it did make a difference. Before cleaning with this, when I’d rub my hand along the side of the tub, I could feel a layer of grime that stuck there pretty much no matter how hard I tried to scrub it off. And the base of my tub has just the slightest bit of texture, and dirt got trapped down there too.
Give it a shot!